Wednesday, March 26, 2008

 

I never thought it would happen, With me and the girl from Clapham, Out on a windy common, that night I aint forgotten.

So what the fuck was Easter all about?

I'm not talking about the religious bollocks that we get rammed down our throats, I'm talking about what does it all amount to nowadays?
I've just had my first day back and as it's the 'Easter holidays' some people aren't back until next week, those who were there, looked as miserable as the weather and all asked the same thing, "now then, did you have a good Easter?" And just to be polite I say, "yeah".
But that's all it has become now, It's not some religious smite campaign any more, it's just an excuse for a few days off work, days which seem to be over before you can blink and are suddenly back at work and the days have become twice as long and you are suddenly more tired than ever before, days off work are a pain in the arse, well, it's not the days off that are a pain in the arse, it's the 'returning to work' bit that is the problem.
Did anybody do anything special over Easter? No!! Well What are you supposed to do apart from drink?
I didn't even realise until Thursday night that it was 'Monday/Thursday' Which I think is an accolade to the four worst days of the working week and you have to pronounce it like you are Jamaican!
Then there is Good Friday, Which I think is an accolade to the worst day in Jesus' life, where the bad guys got the good guy and kicked him senseless and then pegged him to a cross, Where he moaned a bucket about forgiveness, 'forgive them father, for they know not what they have done' (clearly delusional, because they knew full well what they had done, they had just crucified a nut job who talks to himself and says he was talking to God when questioned about his more and more apparent deterioration of his mental health).
Then you have Easter Saturday, Which I think is an accolade to The Worst result in Aston Villa's season (losing 1-0 to Sunderland, AT HOME!!)
Then you have Easter Sunday, which I think is an accolade to the worse gift you can give someone, a chocolate egg, a foodstuff that gives me migraines! And to top it all, they are overpriced, I think Jesus did something clever on Easter Sunday too, but it's inconsequential now as we have moved on 2000 odd years since he fucked about with history.
Then there is Easter Monday, which I think is an accolade to the worst hangover you can have over the Easter weekend.
Everyone (except me) is back to work on the Tuesday, which isn't called Easter Tuesday, it's 'fuck me, the long weekend went quick Tuesday' and you see the same old faces and do the same old things, and ask the same old question, "did you have a nice Easter?" Because you want people to think you care.

Woggzeh

Comments:
so did you have a good easter mate?
 
Yeah, not bad thanks. You?
 
mine was shit, never even got an egg.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?