Thursday, October 23, 2008

 

Faces in a dream we are, driving round in a stolen car.

I forgot to mention to people that I've upped a new story I was working on (woggzeh's short stories), it's only chapter one and I kind of bored of writing it due to my shoulder problem taking up most of my time, I love stories of serial killers and crazy shit, stuff that you read and dismiss but sticks in your head anyway and haunts you a bit, fucking crazy, I want to write that kind of story, but it's not easy, most of the stuff comes to me in my dreams, I just need the right dreams.
Lotto, is a story of hope, I had mixed emotions about it, I wanted to get out of writing the stories with a twist that everyone saw coming, but I still wanted to end it badly, I had ideas about an adventure story, 'what you can do with the money/playboy lifestyle' loads of fucking fun shit, I also wanted it to end sadisticly like the 'corruption of money' angle, but as you can see, I only did one chapter, I was never happy with it, it's not my niche. I think murder is all I can write.
The problem with murder stories is that there is nothing new you can do (mask of sanity is an ongoing project that WILL be fantastic), OK you can find a new angle, but it's pretty much already there on the shelves.
I was reading (for the millionth time) the story of Ed Geins, now there was one fucked up dude, and also my case in point, you couldn't invent this guy in your wildest dreams, if he didn't exist, then he wouldn't exist, you understand? I've had ideas following his story that I could incorporate to my kind of writing and scare the fuck out of me (would it scare you? I doubt it), but at the end of the day, I'm fiction, this guy was real and that's the scary fucking thing, the reality is far more scary than any writer (look at me calling myself a writer) can possibly imagine, and even if I could imagine it, it would never seem scary enough.
I want to be scary, I want to be sickening, but I don't want you to think this is a reflection on me.
I'm not that fucked up, (close to it, but not there yet), basically, I'm stuck, I've got ideas, but they barely make a page when I write them up as a story, throw me ideas, comment on what I've done, I'm not going to take offence, am I better when I write, I don't know, 3rd person? the narrative, "he did this, she did that?" or 1st person? I don't know, I don't even know what 'person' I write in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 100th???, I find it easier to just narrate a story and that's how I like it, but is it what you the reader prefer and is it what works best on paper?

you know what I mean?

Comments:
I prefer a narrative with a bit of first person perspective from the 3rd person.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?