Sunday, August 29, 2010

 

I came to cut you up I came to knock you down I came around to tear your little world apart.

So tonight (now) I can't sleep and it's 05.30 I'm sat in bed typing on my new laptop, it's a rather snazzy netbook I picked it up from pissyworld for just less than £200 (Advent Milano - go look it up) the only problem I have with it thus faris that the space bar is too small so I keep joining up words, I also keep looking up and I am typing a sentence three lines up in the middle of a sentence I wrote minutes ago, I'm guessing that my stupid hands keeps whacking some button and the cursor jumps upwards because Windows decided that would be a handy feature.
Anyway, I went out with the lads tonight and while it was a good night, I fear I'm getting old and ready for retirement, I was ready to come home at midnight because I wanted to read my book, it's also annoying being the only sober one about because everyone else thinks I'm not enjoying myself and trys to involve me in talking loud and dancing, when in actual fact, I'm more than happy to sit in the corner with my diet coke and observe, but you try telling people that!, as Bradbury said, "I'm always concious that you're sober and not having fun." I am having fun! I'm very comfortable with my own company, but, seriously, you try telling that to your mates on a night out and they think you are being a miserable cunt.
There were quite a few nice birds out tonight which is always a bonus, naturally I didn't talk to them unless I knew them and then I never know what to say to them because I think I'm shy, either that or I am a miserable cunt, in fact I could talk to these girls all night but I'm constantly terrified that I'll bore them to death, It's amazing how self concious you are when you haven't had a drink, anyway, it's always nice to hear them tell me I'm looking good, even though I think that people say that even if you look like death warmed up, but hey, never one to pass up a compliment.
I went to tribfest last weekend and it was fucking brilliant, I thought it would be proper shit but I'm glad to have been proved wrong because it was awesome, the weather was mega hot and I got burned but fuck that, the entertainment was brilliant, and I'm happy to say I'm now a rejuvinated Pink Floyd fan as I had totally forgotten how good they were.
I want to go to Tribfest 2011 but it looks like I'm the only one who does. I think what I liked about it most is the relaxed atmosphere, it was nothing like your Glastonburys and Leeds/Reading or your V, which has 24 hour knobheads and if you stand withing 100 metres of the stage you get crushed, gobbed on or have a bottle of whatever thrown over you. No. Tribfest is chilled, you can take your chair if you want and sit and watch the bands, (I didn't take my chair like, I was up there in the front row pogo-ing to nearly all the bands). So yeah, Tribfest is the way to go.
I need to find some software for my computer so I can record some music and then record some solo bits and then overlay the two so it sounds proper, so if anyone can reccomend some mixing/recording software that's easy to use then let me know, I've asked Barker a million times and a million times he's reccomended something and I've forgotten what he suggested.
Anyway it's 6am now and I might as well get up, I'm guessing that I was given regular coke instead of diet coke which would explain my inability to sleep.

Thanks for reading

Woggzeh.

Comments:
HI Woggzeh - My name is Sarah Skinner singer from the Pink Floyd band you saw at Tribfest - The Floyd Effect. I was searching for some reviews and stumbled across your blog. I hope you enjoyed the show. xxxx If you want to send in a review to go on our website I would be extremely grateful.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?