Sunday, December 11, 2011

 

Sugar smile savvy, The king of the kerb, Got a temper in the style of a bomb.

Hey hey Rock and Roll!

WHAT A WEEK!

Get comfortable and I'll tell you about it until I get bored.
Last Saturday I got a phone call from MULTIYORK Furniture showroom requesting I attend a second interview on Monday, so I went along to that and I thought it went really well and was quietly confident that I would get offered the job and guess what.......I got the job!!!!
I'm really happy about it too as it's an amazing salary, which includes a pension and 30 days holiday a year. The Commission structure is a bit complicated, there is a personal commission which I get for selling a sofa, then there is the shop commission which is a big pot and when everyone who works there sells an item they get their personal commission and then another percentage of commission goes into the pot and this is then divvied up at the end of the month and split between all the staff, so if I have a shocking month of sales and another lad has a great month of sales, I still get a piece of the pie!
Then there is a 3rd commission, which is paid when you sell additional items like insurance, cleaner, cushions etc etc.
All in all the commissions work out on average at £6k a year, but there is no limit on how much commission you earn so the more I can sell the more I can get.
I start on Monday so I'll let you know in my next update how I get on!
Phones4U also phoned me up to discuss a job opportunity in Harrogate, I missed the phone call but they left a voice mail and sent me an email asking me to contact them. But fuck them. They had their opportunity last month, so I didn't bother returning their call,it was only a £14K salary + commission. I wouldn't get out of bed for that!
Thirdly my voluntary stint at Disability Action Yorkshire has come to an end and to be honest I am really sad to be leaving as I have loved every minute of working there! so much so that I am still going to try and return 1 day a week to help out, update the website and make them some money.
My boss at DAY, Ange was upset to see me leave and she did everything she could to put together a tempting full time contract offer to keep me there (She already offered me part time) and if I'm honest, if she had managed to offer me something near my Multiyork wage, I would have been seriously tempted to sign up.This may have been my heart ruling my head but it's rare to find work that ticks all the boxes for you and you go to work every morning with a smile on your face! Anyway, he boss couldn't squeeze the budget this month to start paying another full timer - but January/February will be when they start looking for new staff and I'm currently top of everyone's wish list at DAY to join the team! which is nice.
So basically, after a shit year on the job hunting front and not having job offers or interviews. I now have had 3 job offers in 1 week!
Who said the country is in ruins?
That'll do. I'll update before Xmas.

Woggzeh

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?